Could your son or daughter join the choir?
Choristers come to St Thomas’s from a wide area and attend many different schools. Children do not need any previous experience, just an interest in singing and a clear voice with a good musical ear.
Feedback from parents and choristers:
“As a family we are so proud of our daughter and her confidence has grown from strength to strength”
“The choir tours are one of the highlights as everyone is having fun and we get to sing in these amazing cathedrals”
“I met lots of great people – they were really friendly”
Watch our video to find out more about what it would be like to join the choir!
And if you like what you see, come and try out what it feels like to be a chorister at our next
Chorister Open Day, 5-8pm on Friday 17th June!
You will get the chance to talk to choir members, sing songs, play games, and have lots of fun, and then take part in a short performance!
More details and information on how to reserve your place click here
What are the benefits of being a chorister?
- A free, outstanding musical education
- Performing music by great composers with experienced adult singers, led by specialist professional musicians
- Taking part in concerts, television and radio broadcasts, recordings, and national and international tours
- Developing leadership skills, personal confidence, self-motivation, self-discipline within a supportive environment
- Can help improve academic performance and has proven health benefits
- Enjoying being part of a team with a strong sense of identity
- Forming lasting friendships
- Receiving Choir Pay for singing
- Having great fun!
To find out more or to join the choir
Please contact the Director of Music, Jordan Theis, for further information.
And to listen to recordings of our music, visit: https://www.thebourne.org.uk/media/