Electoral Roll

It is six years since the latest electoral roll was compiled and under church legislation every parish in the country must renew its roll this year, 2019.

What is the electoral roll?

It’s a list of names and addresses of parish members who attend one of our 3 centres of worship.

Who can apply?

Any member of the Church of England over the age of sixteen – or who will have their sixteenth birthday during the next 12 months - can apply, subject to a few conditions which are laid out in the application form.

Why should I apply?

It’s good that church members show their commitment to the parish by joining the roll. Membership of the electoral roll gives you the right to attend and vote at the parish’s annual meeting. In addition, all members of the PCC (parochial church council – the parish’s leadership team) must be registered on the electoral roll.

How can I get the application form?

Forms will be available from St Thomas’s, St Martin’s and Brambleton Hall from Sunday 17th February until Friday 5th April. You can also download it here. Electoral Roll Application form. Please print it off and fill it in with your signature. Completed signed forms should be returned to the parish office via the clearly marked boxes or representatives in each centre of worship, or scanned and emailed to the electoral roll officer and PCC secretary, Nigel Lewis, at [email protected]

COMMUNICATIONS CONSENT FORMS - Data privacy compliance

There is a separate form for you to consent to receiving future communications from the parish in various formats and for various reasons. Complete this form here and then we can stay in touch and make sure the parish complies with data privacy regulations.

Please complete and return both forms not later than Friday 5th April.

You can contact Nigel Lewis if you have any questions about the electoral roll or communications consent at [email protected]